Adoption volunteers work primarily at ICRA's adoption site, Petco in Alameda. Volunteers may do site set-up, cleanup, screen adoptive families, or interact with the people who may be interested in adopting a cat or kitten. They also help with transporting cats to/from foster homes and to/from spay/neuter and veterinary clinics as needed. Adoption volunteers are a key part of our organization because of their interaction with both the public and potential adoptive families. Adoption volunteers work as a team at Petco, ensuring the needs of our cats and kittens are met while finding good homes for our animals.
- Dependability and flexibility
- Desire to work with the public
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Able to handle difficult people and situations with care
- Comfortable with diversity
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to lift boxes, move equipment and move about freely
- Must have a car, current license and car insurance
Volunteers are required to complete the 12-hour training ICRA provides on an ongoing basis. Volunteers also required to attend Adoption Committee meetings in Oakland and other meetings as scheduled.
- 10 hours/month
- six-month commitment