The Cats And Kittens Need Your Time And Helping Hand
Emma says: won't you help us?
Are you interested in volunteering? There is a critical need for many more dedicated and compassionate people who want to help abandoned and feral cats in our community. Island Cat Resources and Adoption is a feline welfare organization formed by a group of concerned human beings who were moved by the same purpose: to diminish the suffering of the abandoned cat population through rescue, rehabilitation, and adoption and to reduce the feral cat population through comprehensive Trap, Neuter, Return programs in the Alameda-Oakland area. If you love cats and want to help us help them, there are several ways you can volunteer for our group.
Let us know where you would like to help or where your talents are and we have something for you. Here are some ideas for areas where you could contribute:
- Become a foster parent
You can play an important role by providing temporary care for a young kitten or an adult cat that needs some assurance, socialization and confidence in a home setting before being placed for adoption. Here are more details and a FAQ on becoming a foster parent.
- Become an adoption site representative
- Help manage stray and feral cat populations
- Support our fundraising efforts by volunteering your time in assisting at one of the events in our calendar of events.
- Perform administrative support
- Make copies
- Data entry
- Give advice by phone or by email
- Public relations/ community outreach/ education
- Transportation (e.g. driving cats to one of the spay/neuter clinics)
- Do you like to write? You can help us with...
- Applying for grants
- Do you have artistic talents and would like to share them?
- Photography (taking cat photos for the website)
- Graphic design
- Special crafts–making bid items for our annual silent auction
If you have an interest in any of these areas, we would love to hear from you. Please fill out our volunteer application and send it to us.
If you have questions, our email is
firstname.lastname@example.org, our telephone number is 510-869-2584,
email our volunteer coordinator at email@example.com.